Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Speyside
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 65.5%
About the distillery
Andrew Peary and Robert Bain founded Miltonduff distillery in 1824. The distillery had previously operated illicitly on the site since the turning of the century, but following the passing of the Exercise Act, Peary and Bain established the distillery as a legitimate business operation. After debuting to a successful start in 1866, the distillery was purchased by William Stuart. In 1895 Thomas Yool & Company became part owners of the site, and a few years later Yool went on to completely control the distillery.
Two Lomond stills were installed in 1964 and were used to produce "Mosstowie" whisky but were removed in 1981. It's also worth noting that George Ballantine & Son (company) was the developer of the Lomond Still design.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own a butt of Miltonduff single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2009.
Originally filled with Miltonduff spirit on 18th February 2009, the whisky has since been maturing in a Butt (cask number 900007) which is currently held in bond at Whisky Broker Ltd.
The cask was regauged on 16th March 2020 summarising the following:
- Original bulk 489.75 litres | Original strength 68.3% ABV | 334.5 litres of alcohol
- New bulk 458.44 litres | New strength 65.5% ABV | 300.2771 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 654 x 70cl bottles of 11 Year Old Miltonduff whisky.
1) the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
COLOUR: Golden yellow.
NOSE: Fresh and well balanced. Honeycomb with a slight waxy sheen that is countered by vibrant oak that cuts through the sweetness. Think of warm pancakes with maple syrup.
PALATE: Fresh oak with a large serving of baked gingerbread. There is some grapefruit sharpness that is tempered with a soothing fruitiness of stoned apricots bringing up the rear. Mid section shows the typical floral lightness and the balance is very well behaved with the honey, from the Nose, still present, at the end, with barley sugared cereal. The oak from the bourbon butt is clean and fresh throughout.
BODY: Typical light body as expected by a Speyside. The mouth is prickled with the spice and balanced by the syrup sweetness.
FINISH: Medium to long finish that is spiked with the echo of ginger, clove and liquorice with a mellow milk chocolate aftertaste.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #54688Sold 27/09/2020 £20.00 €23.04$27.78
- Lot #53931Sold 27/09/2020 £25.00 €28.80$34.73
- Lot #55458Sold 27/09/2020 £210.00 €241.90$291.71
- Lot #49299Sold 27/09/2020 £220.00 €253.42$305.60
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|27/09/20 18:57||£14,000.00 €16,126.60$19,447.40|