Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Highlands
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 58%
About the distillery
Tullibardine distillery is Scottish distillery since 1949, producing a single malt whisky. The whisky distillery is located in Blackford, Perth and Kinross, close to the Ochil Hills and the Danny Burn, their main water sources.
The distillery was mothballed in 1995 by then owner Whyte & Mackay. In 2003, it was sold to Tullibardine Distillery Ltd, who resumed production. In 2011, the distillery was sold to the French firm Picard Vins & Spiritueux. This firm in 2013 creates an entity for the spirits named Terroirs Distillers.
The distillery produces several types of single malt whisky, including "Aged Oak Edition Single Malt Whisky" and "Sherry Finish Malt Whisky", and related liqueurs.
Tullibardine Distillery runs a visitor's centre.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Tullibardine single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2007.
Originally filled with Tullibardine spirit on 18th December 2007 the whisky has since been maturing in a sherry butt (cask number 191) which is currently held in bond at Tullibardine distillery.
The cask was regauged on the 5th November 2019, summarising the following:
- Original bulk 504 litres | Original strength 63.7% ABV | 321 litres of alcohol
- New bulk 479.6 litres | New strength 58% ABV | 280.6 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 685 x 70cl bottles of 11 Year Old Tullibardine whisky (turning 12 years old on 18th December 2019).
Please note the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
Colour : Light straw gold.
Nose : Pronounced nose with sweet malt and soft floral dominating over hidden hints of vanilla. Beneath the vigour there is just-ripening pear.
Palate : Vigorous front-forward oaked spice that rolls quickly into orchard fruit tempering to pronounced pear drops with an underscore of toffee. Backing spices round the finish of this lively malt.
Body : Light and fast taste with a creamy mouthfeel.
Finish : Lively malt sets quickly with clove spice on the afterglow. Background toffee and caramel.
- Annual storage fee will become payable by the buyer (currently £31.20 +VAT per annum).
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #34650Sold 24/11/2019 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
- Lot #35937Sold 24/11/2019 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
- Lot #35940Sold 24/11/2019 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
- Lot #35950Sold 24/11/2019 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|24/11/19 18:50||£10,600.00 €12,218.62$14,625.88|