Bid must be at least £15,100.00 €17,602.07 $20,943.70
Auction for this item has ended
You are not allowed to bid on your own lots!
Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
If bid is placed on this item within the last 5 minutes of the auction, the timer will be extended by 10 minutes.
Buyers Commission of 10% is added to the winning bid
Please Note - This Is A VAT Applicable Lot
This lot is being sold by either; 1) a non-UK seller or 2) a VAT Registered Business, and is therefore subject to VAT.
If your delivery address is within the UK, 20% VAT will be added to the hammer price at checkout. If your delivery address is not within the UK, no VAT will be added (the VAT is charged at 0% in this scenario).
At Checkout, this lot will be charged as follows assuming your proposed max. bid is reached...
|[%% hammer_price_ex_vat | multi_currency %%]||Hammer Price|
|[%% buyer_commission_ex_vat | multi_currency %%]||[% buyerCommissionPercentage %]% Buyer Commission|
|[%% vat | multi_currency %%]||[% vat_rate %]% VAT on Hammer Price and Buyer Commission|
|[%% total | multi_currency %%]||Total (excluding shipping costs)|
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Speyside
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
About the distillery
The Glenrothes is a single malt Scotch whisky, produced at the Glenrothes Distillery, beside the Burn of Rothes in the Speyside region. The Glenrothes is used in blended scotch whiskies such as Cutty Sark and The Famous Grouse. The Glenrothes Distillery is owned by Edrington but The Glenrothes Single Malt is owned by Berry Bros. & Rudd.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Glenrothes single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 1991.
Originally filled with Glenrothes spirit on 25th March 1991, the whisky has since been maturing in a refill bourbon hogshead (cask number #5117) which is currently held in bond at Craigton Packaging Ltd.
The cask was regauged on 29th March 2021 summarising the following:
- New bulk 75.4 litres | New strength 59.8% ABV | 45.1 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 107 x 70cl bottles of 30 Year Old Glenrothes whisky.
Unofficial tasting notes:
Pale yellow gold, with hints of pink.
Lovely yellow lemon drizzle citrus with marzipan. Vanilla notes mingle with faint butterscotch. Very light with no hint of fire and spice, just some oak that counteracts the sweetness. Traces of honey and white chocolate underscore the overall sweetness, but the lemon and oak keep everything balanced.
Sweeter than expected, but with a beautiful buttery creaminess that works well with the vanilla and butterscotch, to give a full balanced taste sensation. It is mouth-watering from the citrus, but this begins to dry to the end, with a slight liquorice and marzipan nuiance. A little spice keeps the interest and peppers through the initial sweetness.
Sweet buttery softness that fills the mouth.
Medium length with the buttery texture lingering till the end.
- Annual storage fees and a cask transfer admin fee of £250 will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business or private individual connected to the trade), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
Lot #81126Sold 30/05/2021 £25.00 €29.14 $34.68
Lot #78531Sold 30/05/2021 £27.50 €32.06 $38.14
Lot #81015Sold 30/05/2021 £37.50 €43.71 $52.01
Lot #80911Sold 30/05/2021 £40.00 €46.63 $55.48
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|21/05/21 22:39||£15,000.00 €17,485.50 $20,805.00|