Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Speyside
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Age: 9
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 63%
About the distillery
Glenfarclas is a Speyside whisky distillery in Ballindalloch, Scotland. Glenfarclas translates as meaning "valley of the green grass". The distillery is owned and run by the Grant family. The distillery has six stills which are heated directly by gas burners.
The distillery has a production capacity of around 3.5 million litres of spirit per year. Normally four stills are used for production with two kept in reserve.
The distillery has approximately 68,000 casks maturing on site, in traditional dunnage warehouses, with stock from every year from 1953 to the current year. Glenfarclas produce a traditional Highland malt with a heavy sherry influence.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Glenfarclas single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2011.
Originally filled with Glenfarclas spirit on 8th June 2011 this Hogshead is currently held in bond at Coleburn distillery.
The cask was regauged in February 2020 summarising the following:
- Original bulk 241.35 litres | Original strength 66.5% ABV | 160.5 litres of alcohol
- New bulk 180.39 litres | New strength 63.0% ABV | 113.65 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 257 x 70cl bottles of 9 Year Old whisky.
Please note the cask being sold has a set of Conditions of Sale attached (we can provide these in full on request), and we would draw attention to the restrictions as follows:
4.1 Where the Goods are not pre-bottled whisky already bearing the Brand, you (and any third parties that you supply the Goods to) shall under no circumstances or at any time bottle or containerise the Goods as a single malt product and/or sell the Goods to any person for the purpose of resale as a single malt product.
4.2 Where the Goods are pre-bottled whisky bearing the Brand, they shall be sold as bottled products in the containers provided by us and shall not be rebottled or blended with other whisky prior to resale.
Consequently, the only permitted use of the contents of this cask is for blending purposes and the contents of the cask cannot be bottled as a single malt and/or using or referring to the Glenfarclas Brand.
Please note the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
Pleasant aroma of perfumed wood, custard creams and peach. Below this initial nose the sense of structure is discerable – sweet oak and toasted hazelnuts. This is counterbalanced with rosewater and sugared sable biscuits. On the end a little wax mixed with cherry stone.
The oak is pronounced, but with the sofness of the custard. This dries quickly to spiced orchard fruits, which are juicy due to the cleansing dryness: a lip-smacker. Opened with a little water the taste explodes and adds strawberry jam and a more intense wood. A lovely single Malt that will benefit with a few more years in the barrel. Finally it unfolds into ground nutmeg and ginger biscuits.
Delicately light with an exquisite softness.
Spicy and oaked that dries in the middle.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer (currently £2.50 per week).
- Condition of Sale: This cask must continue to be stored in its current location and the bottling process must be managed by the current broker (for further information please get in touch).
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #51943Sold 23/08/2020 £42.50 €49.26$59.14
- Lot #49827Sold 23/08/2020 £45.00 €52.16$62.62
- Lot #51118Sold 23/08/2020 £50.00 €57.96$69.58
- Lot #51120Sold 23/08/2020 £55.00 €63.75$76.53
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|23/08/20 13:19||£14,100.00 €16,343.31$19,620.15|