Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Highlands
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 51%
About the distillery
Fettercairn Distillery was founded in 1824 by Alexander Ramsay, owner of the Fasque estate, who converted a corn mill at Nethermill into a distillery. Situated under the Grampian foothills in the Howe of Mearns, Fettercairn town’s name is loosely based on the phrase "the foot of the mountain".
Fettercairn is owned by Whyte & Mackay Distillers.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Fettercairn single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 1989.
Originally filled with Fettercairn spirit on 31st May 1989 the whisky has since been maturing in a refill customer hogshead (cask number 1370) which is currently held in bond at the Ben Nevis distillery.
The cask was regauged on 27th February 2019 summarising the following:
- Original bulk 242 litres | Original strength 63.5% ABV | 154 litres of alcohol
- New bulk 125.5 litres | New strength 51% ABV | 64 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 179 x 70cl bottles of 30 Year Old Fettercairn whisky (turning 30 years old on 31st May 2019).
Please note the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale.
- Annual cask storage fee as well as any cask transfer admin fees will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described. Insurance against any damage during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price. Please note that if insurance is not selected, due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #27899Sold 26/05/2019 £10.00 €11.16$12.59
- Lot #26932Sold 26/05/2019 £15.00 €16.75$18.88
- Lot #27101Sold 26/05/2019 £17.50 €19.54$22.03
- Lot #27889Sold 26/05/2019 £17.50 €19.54$22.03
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|25/05/19 20:39||£24,100.00 €26,905.24$30,339.49|