Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Speyside
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
About the distillery
The Craigellachie distillery is a single malt Scotch whisky distillery in Aberlour, Banffshire near the village of Craigellachie at the centre of the Speyside whisky producing area of Scotland. The name Craigellachie means 'rocky hill' and refers to the cliff that overlooks the Spey across from The Macallan distillery.
Bacardi operates the distillery through its subsidiary Dewar & Sons. Dewar & Sons also controls Royal Brackla, Aberfeldy, Aultmore, and Macduff.
Pronunciation : "craig-ella-key"
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Craigellachie single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2006.
Originally filled with Craigellachie spirit on 23rd October 2006, the whisky has since been maturing in an ex -Islay bourbon barrel (cask number #900645) which is currently held in bond at the Whisky Broker Ltd.
The cask was regauged on 29th October 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 179.51 litres | New strength 61.68% ABV | 110.74 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 256 x 70cl bottles of 14 Year Old Craigellachie whisky.
1) the cask photo shown is for display purposes only and is not the actual cask being sold.
2) the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale.
Unofficial tasting notes:
Deep gold with a yellow hue.
A lovely beginning of sweet vanilla pod, green apple and pear drop sweets giving a heady nose. This then settles as citrus fruit appears, especially sweet orange and a little lime. There are also hints of black tea and in the background tropical fruits of mango and pineapple.
Rich and tannic to the start that warmly spreads over the tongue in ripples of spice, especially ginger. In the middle section the cereals make an apperance that is sweet like honey and porridge with a little single cream and the crisp fruits of the nose have mellowed to dried apricot with a few sultanas thrown in. There is lemon peel that gives a freshness and stops the sweetness overpowering and on the end there is a tasting of nutmeg.
Light and delicate with an ethereal top note grounded by the slight creaminess from the middle palate. Delicious and drying to the end.
Medium length with the spiced vanilla pulling the taste out. Sweetness and lemon continue to the very tip and leave a little tobacco leaf on the tongue tip.
- Annual storage fees and any cask transfer admin fees will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business or private individual connected to the trade), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described. Insurance against any damage during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price. Please note that if insurance is not selected, due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #58880Starting Bid £20.00 €22.44$26.68
- Lot #62208Starting Bid £20.00 €22.44$26.68
- Lot #64000Starting Bid £20.00 €22.44$26.68
- Lot #59137Starting Bid £20.00 €22.44$26.68
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|