Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Lowland
- Distillery status: Closed
- Type: Single Grain
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
About the distillery
The Port Dundas Grain Distillery and adjacent Dundashill Cooperage, which manufactured Hogshead casks and dates back to 1770, are currently owned by Diageo, and the distillery's large Flue gas stack dominates the skyline of North Glasgow. It produced Grain whisky used in the Johnnie Walker, J&B, Bell's, Black & White, Vat 69, Haig and White Horse blended whisky brands owned by Diageo. On 1 July 2009, Diageo announced the closure of the Port Dundas distillery, with all production shifting to the company's other Scottish Grain distillery at Cameron Bridge, as well as the North British Distillery in Gorgie, Edinburgh, which is jointly owned by Diageo and The Edrington Group.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own a hogshead of Port Dundas single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2009.
Originally filled with Port Dundas spirit on 16th November 2009, the whisky has since been maturing in a hogshead (cask number 728315) which is currently held in bond at Whisky Broker Ltd.
The cask was regauged on 2nd October 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 210.81 litres | New strength 62.2% ABV | 131.2384 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 301 x 70cl bottles of 10 Year Old Port Dundas whisky.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described. Insurance against any damage during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price. Please note that if insurance is not selected, due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #56584Did not meet Reserve £20.00 €22.04$26.05
- Lot #56403Did not meet Reserve £20.00 €22.04$26.05
- Lot #55897Did not meet Reserve £20.00 €22.04$26.05
- Lot #55409Did not meet Reserve £20.00 €22.04$26.05
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|21/10/20 05:09||£4,050.00 €4,462.70$5,274.32|
|21/10/20 05:09||£4,000.00 €4,407.60$5,209.20|
|17/10/20 00:05||£3,500.00 €3,856.65$4,558.05|
|16/10/20 19:19||£300.00 €330.57$390.69|