Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Highlands
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 61.5%
About the distillery
Tullibardine distillery is Scottish distillery since 1949, producing a single malt whisky. The whisky distillery is located in Blackford, Perth and Kinross, close to the Ochil Hills and the Danny Burn, their main water sources.
The distillery was mothballed in 1995 by then owner Whyte & Mackay. In 2003, it was sold to Tullibardine Distillery Ltd, who resumed production. In 2011, the distillery was sold to the French firm Picard Vins & Spiritueux. This firm in 2013 creates an entity for the spirits named Terroirs Distillers.
The distillery produces several types of single malt whisky, including "Aged Oak Edition Single Malt Whisky" and "Sherry Finish Malt Whisky", and related liqueurs.
Tullibardine Distillery runs a visitor's centre.
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Tullibardine single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2016.
Originally filled with Tullibardine spirit on 21st January 2016, the whisky has since been maturing in an ex-bourbon barrel (cask number #650393) which is currently held in bond at the North British Distillery.
The cask was regauged in May 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 102.7 litres | New strength 61.5% ABV | 63.2 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 146 x 70cl bottles of 4 Year Old Tullibardine whisky.
1) the cask photo shown is for display purposes only and is not the actual cask being sold.
2) the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
Colour : Pale straw yellow.
Nose : Honey sweetness with a gentle tinge of vanilla oak. Underneath is a delicate aura of spice that is warming and reassuring. There is deep down some citrus that is just crying out to be recognised and it all bodes well for this exciting newcomer.
Palate : Very satisfying and soft. The bourbon barrel oak and spice is present but in the mid section, making for a lovely balance. Upfront is grain and ginger snap biscuits and the slow close to the dryness is very very satisfying. For its age this spirit is surprisingly ready to drink – elegant and restrained, but it also has great promise if left to mature.
Body : Light and ethereal . The spice rolls in and coats the mouth with restrained heat.
Finish : Medium finish that is unexpected for the age statement that rolls into spices and then dries just at the very end. Heroic for such a young spirit.
- Annual storage fees and any cask transfer admin fees will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business or private individual connected to the trade), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #48985Sold 26/07/2020 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
- Lot #50018Sold 26/07/2020 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
- Lot #50039Sold 26/07/2020 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
- Lot #48788Sold 26/07/2020 £20.00 €23.05$27.60
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|25/07/20 13:34||£1,300.00 €1,498.51$1,793.74|