Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 68.6%
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of "Cawdor Springs" single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2016.
Originally filled with "Cawdor Springs" spirit on 7th November 2016, the whisky has since been maturing in a sherry butt (cask number #372) which is currently held in bond at the North British Distillery.
The cask was regauged in May 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 341.6 litres | New strength 68.6% ABV | 234.3 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 488 x 70cl bottles of 3 Year Old "Cawdor Springs" whisky (turning 4 year old on 7th November 2020).
1) the cask photo shown is for display purposes only and is not the actual cask being sold.
2) the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
Colour : Golden straw yellow.
Nose : Sweet, juicy raisins on the nose that are solid and defining. Reminisant of ice wine overlaying the whisky. The sherry notes overlay creamy toffee that comes under as a second reward and they are also teased with some stone fruit as nuiances of cherry apricot rounds out the bouquet.
Palate : Gloriously deep and sweet, as suggested by the nose, but with a spiciness of clove Oddfellow hard candy. There is also some moist gingerbread with some toffee. The middle widens out the spice warmth to an echo, which then softens down to a powdery finish that has a slight bitterness of tobaccoo leaf that keeps the taste on point.
Body : Medium body, but with room to grow and deepen.
Finish : Short to medium, but with balance and growth potential to round out. The finish of tobacco leaf piquancy is very moreish.
- Annual storage fees and any cask transfer admin fees will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business or private individual connected to the trade), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #43086Sold 26/07/2020 £22.50 €25.94$31.05
- Lot #49429Sold 26/07/2020 £55.00 €63.40$75.89
- Lot #49856Sold 26/07/2020 £65.00 €74.93$89.69
- Lot #50390Sold 26/07/2020 £65.00 €74.93$89.69
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|25/07/20 12:53||£2,900.00 €3,342.83$4,001.42|