Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Islay
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Age: 11
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 61.1%
About the distillery
Bruichladdich Distillery is a distillery on the Rhinns of the isle of Islay in Scotland. The distillery produces mainly single malt Scotch whisky, but has also offered artisanal gin. It is owned by Rémy Cointreau after being owned by Mark Reyneir.
One interpretation of the Gaelic word Bruichladdich is "stony shore bank", referring to a post-glacial raised beach, though an alternative, perhaps more pertinent translation may be "rocky lee shore".
Pronunciation : "brook-laddie"
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one octave of Port Charlotte single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2008.
Originally filled with Bruichladdich spirit on 5th December 2008, after over 11 years of maturation the whisky was transferred into a first fill Oloroso octave in January 2020 (cask number 3741B) which is currently held in bond at Whisky Broker Ltd.
The cask was regauged on 22nd January 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 33.3 litres | New strength 61.1% ABV | 20.3 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 47 x 70cl bottles of 11 Year Old Port Charlotte whisky.
Sample photo and tasting notes coming soon.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described. Insurance against any damage during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price. Please note that if insurance is not selected, due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #45373Sold 24/05/2020 £80.00 €89.37$97.50
- Lot #45190Sold 24/05/2020 £85.00 €94.95$103.60
- Lot #45195Sold 24/05/2020 £90.00 €100.54$109.69
- Lot #45307Sold 24/05/2020 £90.00 €100.54$109.69
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|24/05/20 19:47||£3,900.00 €4,356.69$4,753.32|
|24/05/20 19:24||£3,850.00 €4,300.84$4,692.38|
|24/05/20 19:22||£3,700.00 €4,133.27$4,509.56|
|24/05/20 19:03||£3,550.00 €3,965.71$4,326.74|
|24/05/20 18:57||£3,500.00 €3,909.85$4,265.80|
|24/05/20 18:56||£3,450.00 €3,854.00$4,204.86|
|15/05/20 19:56||£3,400.00 €3,798.14$4,143.92|
|15/05/20 19:56||£3,050.00 €3,407.16$3,717.34|
|15/05/20 19:22||£3,000.00 €3,351.30$3,656.40|
|15/05/20 19:14||£1,500.00 €1,675.65$1,828.20|
|15/05/20 19:14||£1,375.00 €1,536.01$1,675.85|