Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Age: 4
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 67.3%
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of "Cawdor Springs" single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2016.
Originally filled with "Cawdor Springs" spirit on 19th April 2016, the ex-bourbon barrel is currently held in bond at North British distillery.
The cask was regauged on 10th February 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 115.0 litres | New strength 67.3% ABV | 77.4 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 164 x 70cl bottles of 4 Year Old "Cawdor Springs" whisky.
Please note the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
COLOUR: Light straw.
NOSE: Quite light. Sweet with echos of traditional ice cream. There is also a little toffee sauce mingling into the vanilla. On the close there is also a whisper of spice and boiled sweets – a prelude to what is to come.
PALATE: Starts with butterscotch that then begins to build into a spicy wave. This wave finally breaks and releases a foam of childhood sweeties – think cinnamon balls and liquorice comfits. This is a very confident and assured whisky that is tamed by the sweetness that holds the picancy in check.
BODY: Light and soft. Etherial and delicate.
FINISH: Medium-long with a spicy end that gives a warming rebound. The oak from the bourbon barrel takes a final bow before a fade to black.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #45510Sold 24/05/2020 £55.00 €63.40$75.89
- Lot #43714Sold 24/05/2020 £60.00 €69.16$82.79
- Lot #43658Sold 24/05/2020 £160.00 €184.43$220.77
- Lot #44637Sold 24/05/2020 £740.00 €853.00$1,021.05
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|22/05/20 17:02||£1,725.00 €1,988.41$2,380.16|