Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Lowland
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Grain
- Age: 9
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 61.1%
About the distillery
The North British Distillery Company Ltd is a Scottish grain whisky distillery located in south western Gorgie district of Edinburgh. Established by a group of independent distillers in 1885, it is now a joint venture company between Diageo plc and the privately held Edrington Group. It is Edinburgh’s last working distillery, widely known as the "NB".
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of North British single grain scotch whisky, distilled in 2010.
Originally filled with North British spirit on 1st September 2010, the ex-bourbon barrel is currently held in bond at North British distillery.
The cask was regauged on 10th February 2020 summarising the following:
- New bulk 102.0 litres | New strength 61.1% ABV | 62.3 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 145 x 70cl bottles of 9 Year Old North British whisky.
Please note the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
COLOUR: Very pale yellow.
NOSE: Quite light. Sweet and cereal forward. Light citrus oils with a development of vanilla and butterscotch in the middle. After a while there is a ghost of newly made egg custard.
PALATE: More power than suggested by the Colour and Nose. Nicely spicy and with a sweet warming of toasted cerals. The tongue tingle remains right to the end but there is an overlap of the butterscotch sweetness. Very well behaved and structured right to the end.
BODY: Delicately light mouth-feel with a softness that builds to the full power of the spirit.
FINISH: Long with decidely spicy bite, but muffled in vanilla sweetness. Little afterglow as would be expected from a grain spirit.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer.
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described.
Insurance against breakage or loss during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #43813Sold 24/05/2020 £20.00 €22.49$27.26
- Lot #43095Sold 24/05/2020 £20.00 €22.49$27.26
- Lot #45437Sold 24/05/2020 £20.00 €22.49$27.26
- Lot #44436Sold 24/05/2020 £20.00 €22.49$27.26
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|15/05/20 21:55||£1,325.00 €1,489.70$1,806.11|