Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in to start bidding
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Speyside
- Distillery status: Operational
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Age: 13
- Size: Cask
- Delivery weight: 2.00kg
- Strength: 61.3%
About the distillery
The Craigellachie distillery is a single malt Scotch whisky distillery in Aberlour, Banffshire near the village of Craigellachie at the centre of the Speyside whisky producing area of Scotland. The name Craigellachie means 'rocky hill' and refers to the cliff that overlooks the Spey across from The Macallan distillery.
Bacardi operates the distillery through its subsidiary Dewar & Sons. Dewar & Sons also controls Royal Brackla, Aberfeldy, Aultmore, and Macduff.
Pronunciation : "craig-ella-key"
This lot offers the fantastic opportunity to own one cask of Craigellachie single malt scotch whisky, distilled in 2006.
Originally filled with Craigellachie spirit on 23rd October 2006, after over 11 years of maturation the whisky was transferred into a first fill Guyana Rum Barrel in September 2018 (cask number 180677) which is currently held in bond at Coleburn distillery.
The cask was regauged on 12th February 2020 summarising the following:
- Original bulk 252.65 litres | Original strength 69.7% ABV | 176.1 litres of alcohol
- New bulk 149.71 litres | New strength 61.3% ABV | 91.77 litres of alcohol
This would currently yield approximately 213 x 70cl bottles of 13 Year Old Craigellachie whisky.
Please note the sample is shown for confirmation of the colour only and is not included in the sale (it has been consumed to populate tasting notes!).
UNOFFICIAL TASTING NOTES:
A soft nose with some toasted oats and cereals. Honey is in the background and there is a forest floor resonance.
Rounded and mature for its age. There is oats and barley with a little whisp of smoke that balance beautifully. The initial sherry cask is present and supports the rum finish with dried fruit richness and soft vanilla. There is toffee apple and a richness from the Guyanan Demorara Rum finishing. Dryness on the end reveals the full power of the spirit.
Delicately light with an exquisite softness and a full, yet etherial, mouthfeel.
Very long and spicily warm. This is enfolded with soft treacly molasses and the afterglow is sweet with candied toffee.
- Cask storage fee will become payable by the buyer (currently £2.50 per week).
- Condition of Sale: This cask must continue to be stored in its current location and the bottling process must be managed by the current broker (for further information please get in touch).
- Legal ownership of the cask will be transferred to the buyer once payment has been received by Whisky Hammer. Funds will be held by Whisky Hammer until the buyer is in legal receipt of the cask ownership to protect the buyer's transaction.
- Ownership of this cask is auctioned in bond. The buyer will be responsible for any costs relating to removing the cask from bond in the future (i.e UK excise duty / VAT) as well as any other costs associated with cask movement and bottling.
- Non-UK buyers must appoint a duty representative to act on his/her behalf for transfer of ownership of the cask (Whisky Hammer can assist in finding a UK representative if required). The duty representative will need to be registered with HMRC and will normally charge an annual fee for the service.
- Please note if the new owner is a UK revenue trader (business), they will need to be registered with HMRC and hold a WOWGR certificate.
Please ensure that you undertake close up viewing/inspection prior to placing any bid. If you are not satisfied with the photos, or if you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please click "ask a question" to make specific enquiries or to receive a more in-depth condition report. Lots will be sold as seen and described. Insurance against any damage during transit is available at checkout at a cost of 3% of the hammer price. Please note that if insurance is not selected, due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
More Like This
- Lot #44162Sold 24/05/2020 £75.00 €83.78$91.41
- Lot #45626Sold 24/05/2020 £190.00 €212.25$231.57
- Lot #43789Sold 24/05/2020 £410.00 €458.01$499.71
- Lot #43779Sold 24/05/2020 £1,200.00 €1,340.52$1,462.56
* denotes your bids
|Date / Time||Bid Amount|
|24/05/20 17:57||£5,500.00 €6,144.05$6,703.40|
|15/05/20 19:56||£5,000.00 €5,585.50$6,094.00|
|15/05/20 19:55||£4,950.00 €5,529.65$6,033.06|
|15/05/20 19:55||£4,550.00 €5,082.81$5,545.54|
|15/05/20 19:45||£4,500.00 €5,026.95$5,484.60|
|15/05/20 19:39||£3,500.00 €3,909.85$4,265.80|
|15/05/20 19:27||£2,500.00 €2,792.75$3,047.00|
|15/05/20 19:26||£2,000.00 €2,234.20$2,437.60|
|15/05/20 19:10||£1,000.00 €1,117.10$1,218.80|