Bidding over £2,000?
If you are planning to bid a cumulative value of over £2,000 in any auction we require some identity information. This is to ensure the legitimacy of bidders and to protect sellers.
Please see instructions below which sets out the required identity documentation. Once submitted, our team will review the information uploaded as soon as possible. If acceptable your account will be 'approved' and you will be able to bid over £2,000 in the current auction and all future auctions.
Please note that the review process can take 24 - 48 hours to complete. As a result, please ensure that all verification documentation is uploaded in plenty time ahead of any auction end to ensure that your bids can be placed without delay.
Per our Terms and Conditions Whisky Hammer reserves the right to reverse any verification decision in the event of unacceptable bidding activity.
How Do I Verify My Account?
If you haven't already, please first login to your account and then revisit this page.
If you are a Private Individual please provide 2 forms of ID:
- Your passport or other government-issued photo ID; and
- Proof of your residential address (for example a Bank Statement or Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months but clearly showing your name and address).
If you are an Organisation please provide 2 documents from the following list:
- Certificate Of Incorporation;
- Proof of registered office and business address;
- Director details;
- Shareholders and any ultimate beneficial owners and;
- Passport or other government-issued ID of individuals with access to the account who may bid
I believe I should already be verified.
If you are an existing Whisky Hammer member that has regularly placed orders exceeding £2,000 we may be able to accelerate your verification without the need for ID. Please e-mail [email protected] to request this and our team will process your request as soon as possible.